Skip to main content

My kids want me to have grey hair |Vol. 1|

He had just been in my room ten minutes prior asking me to open the straw of his juice box. 

I heard a “BOOM!” I knew it was bad so I prepared myself mentally while walking down the hallway holding Logan. Last time I felt like this I came around the corner to Harper’s head being stuck in a chair. As I continued walking down the hall I could smell the evidence. It was fruity. I walked around the corner and....


Seriously. He started crying. Like HE was the victim. I couldn’t even comprehend. I said, “what were you doing?” He said, “nothing.” I thought for a moment he tried to pour his self a cup of kool aid. Then I remembered there was no kool aid in the fridge. I said, “you were trying to make kool aid?” “I JUST WANTED SOME!” He cried. I walked away to put Logan down. “You’re about to get me a new shirt?” He said with confidence- no longer crying. If you’re wondering what I did he got three pops on the bottom with a belt and sent to bed. I knew he thought I was going to hurt him... and it wasn’t about that. I needed him to know this couldn’t happen again and I could tell by the fear in his eyes he got that. The compassion in me was also so happy he didn’t get cut when he fell through that plastic box he tried to stand on. Kool aid packets were everywhere. And popsicles. On top of that he tried to do it in the cabinet like I wasn’t going to find out. Did he not think I’d ask where this sugarless pitcher of kool aid care from? Boy I tell you! This is what I deal with as a mom. A boy mom. A three year old mom. A Harper mom. This definitely goes into the list of things to bring up when he asks be for a car in 14 years. He owes me. Lord make a testimony out of this boy. 🙏🏾

Signed,

Disturbingly calm about this 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My seven year old is a hater

Have a girl they said. It'll be fun they said. Don't get me wrong, my oldest child is my pride and joy. She's every mom's dream. A complete replica of me. Problem or nah? PROBLEM. Not only does she look like me. She acts like me. But I'm 29. And she's 27- I mean 7. If you follow me on Facebook  you are all too familiar with my Dixon's servings of opinion drenched in hot sauce. Especially when it comes to my physical appearance. I mean- given I have been a little on the adventurous side with my hair, and my right arm is covered in tattoos. I may not have the ideal mom image. But I'm not the type of mom that walks around with rollers in her head either. I mean I think I'm cute. Most of the time. I do have a 7 month old baby and a 3 year old though. And with that, some days you're lucky if I brushed my teeth! Just kidding, I brush my teeth every day. But I'm not going to act like there aren't days where I run out the door to drop my son off...

MOB: Mommies on a budget

Mommies! We have to budget. So I have decided that Mondays are for BUDGETING! Like seriously? Let's get excited about this. I know you already know this. I've known this for years and I'm ashamed to say it hasn't always been my forte. I mean, we have to spend so much doggone time doing everything else, who the heck has time to budget- and budget meticulously at that??? Well you have to make time, mama- because if you don't, you'll pay for it later. The best thing about a budget spreadsheet is you can make adjustments. You can see a visual of where and when those adjustments will effect you. I know it's hard to stick to a budget when raising kids- there are so many unpredictable expenses. However, if you write it all out, you can project where you may need to do something extra to make up for extra money spent. I remember 12 years ago, looking at my father's laptop and he had the most DETAILED spreadsheet I had ever seen in my life. Like ya...

It happened. She bit me.

I am a part of a breastfeeding group on Facebook and being the proactive person I am... I asked about this... before it happened. Logan is a very calm and quiet baby. So when she started turning into Tina Turnup these past two weeks, I knew something was going on. More like something growing in. Using my best mommy instincts, I did an oral exam- and sure enough... there they were. Two little white shadows in her swollen gums. Teef. Now Logan has already been gumming my nipples for the past 7 months. And it’s not documented anywhere but I think baby gums are made of vibranium. I’ve read commentary in our group about how you’re supposed to pull the baby closer to you when they do that. But I’m like bruh are you serious? It’s taking everything in me to control my reflexes and not throw this child across the room. Especially when she catches me off guard. I know that makes you supermons probably cringe. But you’re just going to have to judge me today. We are at the point now where the teet...