Skip to main content

I need my old body back...


This picture above? I wouldn’t even post it because I hated they way my body looked. Thick legs, no hips, no waist. I feel like I wear weight weird. I’ve always wanted to be thicker but apparently I don’t gain weight the way I thought I would in my head. I looked curvier smaller!

“What’s your old body?” Harper asked me as a browsed through old pictures. A little bit after having him I went super hard exercising and not just dieting- but completely changing my life. I juiced. I smoothied. I did two a days. My goal was to look like Joie Chavis. Instead I got really skinny. Nevertheless, I didn’t look like I had two kids. And I could wear whatever I wanted. 

This blog isn’t for the people that are going to get mad at a “skinny girl” for complaining. I am well aware that I don’t look as bad as I could. But where I am now is the most difficult place I have ever been. I can’t fit most of my clothes. And I have to worry about my stomach protruding in fitted shirts and dresses. And I know I’m not making it up because Dixon asks me all the time “why does your stomach look like that!” And Harper keeps saying I have a baby in my belly. 

I’m not sure if it’s the fact that I’m pushing 30, or that I just had a baby, or that I cook a lot more than I ever did. But I most definitely have to work harder now. Dieting isn’t as rewarding as it once was. It was once easy for me to eat like a rabbit. I obsessed over calorie counting. Now by the time I’m done with these kids I’m trying to eat and eat GOOD! 

I’m not big on junk food but I do cook heavy. So I’ve come to realize that to balance it out- number one I should only eat one heavy meal a day, and exercise. Exercise. How? When I have an almost 1 year old, 3 year old, and 7 year old at home everyday for the summer. I’ve taken them to the track. And they slow me down. I go to take off running and they start crying for me to wait. Which is reallly discouraging. 

So one day I just decided to take my lovely jogging stroller outside in the parking lot of my apartment and just run. I ran and walked laps until Logan fell asleep. Then I parked her stroller to the side and continued alone. When the sun got too hot I ran up and down the stairs inside the building. The kids played tag with each other and didn’t really bother me. Harper, being a boy, gives me a thumbs up and races me. “Run!” He says. “Now walk.” Five seconds later... “RUN!” It keeps me going and definitely gets my energy going. 


Since my goal is a flatter stomach, I go inside and have Harper stand on my feet while I do sit ups. I do 5 sets of 10 right now. I just started so I’ll work my way up. I adopted a larger asset (butt) for once and I don’t want to lose it. So I do squats holding Logan. I started with the 20 lb handweights but Lo will start crying for attention. So I pick her up instead. And anybody who has seen her knows she’s a big enough weight. 


All in all my point is I’m learning that you can make your life what you want... you just have to adjust. You have to find what works for your life style. I’m an entrepreneur and a stay at home Mom. This works for me. In a weird way it makes me feel better through out the day. I feel motivated to get tasks done. I don’t feel as stressed. And I sleep better. When I do sleep. 😂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non Custodial Parent...

Being a parent can be overwhelming for anybody. Single parents, married parents, working parents, stay at home parents... it’s a big job. Being the parent that has primary custody is huge! Now I’m not going to lie, when I had my daughter it was a lot easier than I expected to be a mom. I’ve always had a good support from my family- even when the non custodial parent wasn’t supportive. Now that I have my third child, I’ve been able to see pattern across the board about how “the other parent” responds ( and doesn’t respond ) to coparenting. So I’ve devised a list of dos and donts for the non custodial parents to have a better shot at successful coparenting relationships. #1 Do not make her feel guilty for being overwhelmed. If your child’s mother (or father) mentions that she is stressed, isn’t getting sleep, and just expresses that he or she feels overwhelmed- try to be empathetic. You don’t say things like “you’ll be alright” or “you make it seem like the child is a burden”. I’m s

MOB: Mommies on a budget

Mommies! We have to budget. So I have decided that Mondays are for BUDGETING! Like seriously? Let's get excited about this. I know you already know this. I've known this for years and I'm ashamed to say it hasn't always been my forte. I mean, we have to spend so much doggone time doing everything else, who the heck has time to budget- and budget meticulously at that??? Well you have to make time, mama- because if you don't, you'll pay for it later. The best thing about a budget spreadsheet is you can make adjustments. You can see a visual of where and when those adjustments will effect you. I know it's hard to stick to a budget when raising kids- there are so many unpredictable expenses. However, if you write it all out, you can project where you may need to do something extra to make up for extra money spent. I remember 12 years ago, looking at my father's laptop and he had the most DETAILED spreadsheet I had ever seen in my life. Like ya'

TRANSITIONING: This is a lot longer than I thought it would be

Whew chile. It's been a while and honestly I wouldn't even blog half the stuff that's happened over this past year. Just know the title of this blog is TRANSITIONS. Since I last blogged I've lived three different places - including where we are now. Thankfully, all of those places were real homes. All I can say is GOD IS GOOD. It all started with me getting a phone call about free daycare. FREE. For my youngest two children. This wasn't CAPS, this was a grant from the daycare that Dixon USED to go to. My godmom had already told me about the grant months ago, but it wasn't available at the time. But here they were, bringing free childcare to me. You can't tell me that wasn't God. With that I was able to go back to work comfortably. Without having to figure out where my kids would go. And just like that we started getting back into our normal routine. Once I was back at work and my kids were on the grant for daycare, I went through a time of self re