Skip to main content

My seven year old is a hater




Have a girl they said. It'll be fun they said. Don't get me wrong, my oldest child is my pride and joy. She's every mom's dream. A complete replica of me. Problem or nah? PROBLEM. Not only does she look like me. She acts like me. But I'm 29. And she's 27- I mean 7. If you follow me on Facebook  you are all too familiar with my Dixon's servings of opinion drenched in hot sauce. Especially when it comes to my physical appearance. I mean- given I have been a little on the adventurous side with my hair, and my right arm is covered in tattoos. I may not have the ideal mom image. But I'm not the type of mom that walks around with rollers in her head either. I mean I think I'm cute. Most of the time. I do have a 7 month old baby and a 3 year old though. And with that, some days you're lucky if I brushed my teeth! Just kidding, I brush my teeth every day. But I'm not going to act like there aren't days where I run out the door to drop my son off at school and think- oh crap, can I talk with my mouth open at the daycare today? Don't judge me. I drop him off and go right back home. Either way, if I am slipping, Dixon catches me EVERY TIME. Hair out of place? Dixon caught it. Dressed bummy? Dixon caught it. So then when I am an tip top, looking like a shnack, you'd think she'd be happy right? Nah. "You always have to wear MAKEUP!" or "I thought you were going to CURL your hair, not just straighten it." Like dang somebody break out the panel of judges, I'm getting sent home this week. Where is Tyra?! Is it normal for my child to be so critical of me? I would imagine. I mean my son tells me I'm beautiful almost every day. NO matter WHAT I look like. So I'm like *snap snap* Dixon get with the program! I've started a new program for her. She is money motivated like her mommy. So every time she says something negative or haterish, she has to give me a dime. Yes a dime. They're easier to take away, and easier to give. If she doesn't have a dime, she has to work for it. She also gets a dime when she stops herself from being a hater. How do I know? She tells me. Like the other day at Publix went like this.

Mom, when you picked that out at the grocery store I was about to say 'eww', I'm not eating that' but I stopped and thought about it before I said it.

That's great, Dixon. You get a dime. 

Now I have three dimes. 

Yes the cashier looked at us and laughed. But I don't care. Me telling Dixon to give me a dime in public is so  much easier than fussing at her. She already knows what's up. And I keep my peace. She seems to care a whole lot more about that than my fussing anyway. The greatest part is, she loses the dimes so quickly I usually don't end up having to give her anything! lol I mean, we just started on her hater transformation journey so I'm sure she'll eventually start earning something. But her room was clean yesterday and we didn't have nearly as many runins with her hater representative... #issaworkinprogress

Comments

  1. Bahahahaha I repeat Dixon is a savage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is hilarious!! I love the dime idea! I’ll have to remember that...Jetson seems to have a petty streak already 😩

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dear Non Custodial Parent...

Being a parent can be overwhelming for anybody. Single parents, married parents, working parents, stay at home parents... it’s a big job. Being the parent that has primary custody is huge! Now I’m not going to lie, when I had my daughter it was a lot easier than I expected to be a mom. I’ve always had a good support from my family- even when the non custodial parent wasn’t supportive. Now that I have my third child, I’ve been able to see pattern across the board about how “the other parent” responds ( and doesn’t respond ) to coparenting. So I’ve devised a list of dos and donts for the non custodial parents to have a better shot at successful coparenting relationships. #1 Do not make her feel guilty for being overwhelmed. If your child’s mother (or father) mentions that she is stressed, isn’t getting sleep, and just expresses that he or she feels overwhelmed- try to be empathetic. You don’t say things like “you’ll be alright” or “you make it seem like the child is a burden”. I’m s

MOB: Mommies on a budget

Mommies! We have to budget. So I have decided that Mondays are for BUDGETING! Like seriously? Let's get excited about this. I know you already know this. I've known this for years and I'm ashamed to say it hasn't always been my forte. I mean, we have to spend so much doggone time doing everything else, who the heck has time to budget- and budget meticulously at that??? Well you have to make time, mama- because if you don't, you'll pay for it later. The best thing about a budget spreadsheet is you can make adjustments. You can see a visual of where and when those adjustments will effect you. I know it's hard to stick to a budget when raising kids- there are so many unpredictable expenses. However, if you write it all out, you can project where you may need to do something extra to make up for extra money spent. I remember 12 years ago, looking at my father's laptop and he had the most DETAILED spreadsheet I had ever seen in my life. Like ya'

TRANSITIONING: This is a lot longer than I thought it would be

Whew chile. It's been a while and honestly I wouldn't even blog half the stuff that's happened over this past year. Just know the title of this blog is TRANSITIONS. Since I last blogged I've lived three different places - including where we are now. Thankfully, all of those places were real homes. All I can say is GOD IS GOOD. It all started with me getting a phone call about free daycare. FREE. For my youngest two children. This wasn't CAPS, this was a grant from the daycare that Dixon USED to go to. My godmom had already told me about the grant months ago, but it wasn't available at the time. But here they were, bringing free childcare to me. You can't tell me that wasn't God. With that I was able to go back to work comfortably. Without having to figure out where my kids would go. And just like that we started getting back into our normal routine. Once I was back at work and my kids were on the grant for daycare, I went through a time of self re